SAMBASYNDROM 2018 IN THE MUSIC ACADEMY LANDESMUSIKAKADEMIE BERLIN
Tucked away in a park in the former eastern part of Berlin's history, an event has been taking place for more than 20 years. Every autumn, the Samba Syndrom, fondly called 'the SaSy', opens its gates to several hundreds of Brazil percussion aficionados. The event has become a real institution over the years and ever since has been conneting Europe's Brazil-percussion scene by offering an abundance of top class workshops for all levels. Mestres from all over Europe and Brazil have been invited to offer courses each year, many parties have rolled through the nights and uncounted drums have been played here. Renown guests from Rio, São Paulo, Salvador and other musical epicentres have set foot on the stage here. If you have not yet been to this charming retreat in the on the edge of metropolitan Berlin hidden away like a gem in the green, you will soon feel the magic of the place and its patina. Playgrounds in the forest, small winding pathes leading through the urban nature and then - like on a clearing - the FEZ in whose buildings the Music Academy has its teaching estabilshments. An oasis of peace set in the green, even a swimming pool in the same building. An ideal place to bring along the whole family to get to know Samba or even add a little city sightseeing. At the SaSy, you will always hear drums beats coming from somewhere. Innumerous classrooms spread the basses of the surdos, some of the workshops prefer to teach outside - if the weather allows it. Three days long, Samba and percussion-crazy people meet up to learn and study, to improve their knowledge, make contacts to the European scene or simply to have a good time with like-minded.
We will be on site with KALANGO and our exhibition booth
The weekend offers something for everybody. The large variety of musicians and mestres does not only approach adults from beginner's to advanced level. Youngsters and kids are just as welcome to book a suitable course. Choices go from music styles all over Brazil, dance, family programm, beginner's courses, intermediate and advanced. The event is also suitable for teachers who are looking for new Samba percussion inspiration.
Music for everybody
Join us for 3 fantastic days in urban nature with workshops, sessions, concerts and parties. The European Encontro is for all friends of Brazilian music styles and absolutely ageless. It is famous for its huge variety of programme. Whilst the classical styles, of course, are also included, you will have rare opportunities of trying something new like fusion or experimental styles. Extraordinary mestres - partly directly from Brazil - guarantee an amazing musical weekend!
12 TOP WORKSHOPS
- ★ RECOMMENDATION ★ Maracatu with Walter de França (Recife) / Neide Alves Pilger (Berlin)
- Samba Reggae with Aipalé: Robin Wolf (Coburg) / Martin Rübsam (Coburg)
- Dance: classical Samba with Felipe Moris (Wien)
- Samba Reggae and Samba Batucada beginners with Krzysztof Mianowski 'Kylu' (Poland / Berlin)
- RO(h)BAO - Family workshop with Katja Höllein (Berlin) / Solveig Teich (Berlin)
- ★ RECOMMENDATION ★ Batucada Sound Machine with Julian Kramper (Hamburg) / DJ Illvibe (Berlin)
- Between surdos and trumpets with João Alencar (Berlin / Recife)
- Taiko - an introduction to Japanese drumming with Katrin Buck (Berlin) / Anita Stöcklein (Berlin)
- Samba Reggae advanced course with Mestre César Silva Veloso (Salvador de Bahia)
- Instrumental Clinics: Pandeiro with Matthias Haffner (Berlin)
- Discover Brazil - in four dimensions: Maracatú, Cajón, Capoeira, Pagode with N.N., Paulo Sommer, Gildete Simon dos Santos, Dietrich Kollöffel
- Samba Batucada intermediate with Chris Quade Couto (Köln), Serrinha Raíz (Rio de Janeiro)
SAVE THE DATE AND BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW!
Where: Landesmusikakademie Berlin, Straße zum FEZ 2, 12459 Berlin, Germany
Please see the SaSy's official website for detailed description of all workshops, prices, programme, how to sign up, information and contact:
We are thrilled to see you there!