Price drop for international shipping rates for small gear and spares
We have worked hard to make small accessories and Samba equipment accessible for you without expensive shipping costs. If you just need something small and light, you can now chose our cheap, secure way to ship small orders around the world, countries outside the EU in particular. No more crazy shipping rates for small stuff.
Fair shipping rate: beaters, sticks and spare heads to the UK, a pandeiro to the US at small cost, no big deal
Here's the situation every sambista knows: A head breaks shortly before carnival, you could use some spare surdo beaters but nothing else at the moment; your strap is crap and you'd really like a new one for the big parade ahead, but putting in an order for a small item and pay full shipping price? No way. When international shipping costs sum up, the price for small gear often turns out a lot more expensive. Not good. We are aware and decided to change that. It took us a while to find the right partner but it's up and running now and we have even already been testing it for some weeks in order to be sure everything works the way we want it to.
Don't spend your money on shipping costs, save it for your Samba gear!
We now ship all small orders to a max. of 2 kg and a volume limit at our small package rates.
What are small package rates?
- Everybody ordering from outside Germany can benefit from this new shipping rate.
- You don't need to do anything! If the article you add to your shopping cart qualifies for the weight / girth measurement of small package shipping, you will automatically be offered the cheaper shipping rate first.
- Example: a pandeiro to the US now ships for around 10 € compared to our standard DHL International rate, you can save up to 16€ !
- If you live in the EU, the difference will not be as significant but still worth checking, especially for small and light items. After you hit the weight limit, our EU flatrates with DHL will kick in, where you only pay for 1 box and we take over the rest for you.
Small package shipping with Spring/PostNL:
- cheap, especially for orders to outside the EU
- convenient for ordering small gear like spares, a strap, a head, a pandeiro etc.
Shipping small things is now cheaper but may take a bit longer:
- We ship small gear with a Dutch company. So all articles go to the Netherlands first where they get sorted and reshipped to their final destination. This may take several days longer than shipping with DHL. But you save money!
- Small gear also has to go through customs. Please keep that in mind when you are ordering from outside the EU.
- At the moment we have 2 pick-up days for small gear a week. The reason why we don't ship daily is, we need a minimum of orders for PostNL to ship at the low rates. That might add 1 or 2 extra days to your delivery time. If you are not in a hurry, you still save money.
In the end, it's your choice, what is more important to you:
Cheap shipping - longer delivery times: PostNL
Regular shipping fee - quick delivery: DHL international
Find all details on our website:
Have a question? Contact us!
Your Kalango Team